Sunday, April 7, 2019

Back in My Groove

I'm back on that working out again bullshit and it feels so damn amazing. I paused after I got back from Ireland and decided to give myself the winter off (who really wants to get up in the cold ass weather and go to the gym, be honest). I was having a really hard time getting the motivation to go back but I was finally able to, and this time it'll be the right way. I bought a waist trainer and I wear that under my hoodie. Talk about SWEAT! I'm sticking to my working out 3 days a week and walking at least 2 days a week!
There is something to be said about how amazing you feel after you've worked out. You can feel weak as shit and go work out and suddenly you feel like you can take on the world. When you push your body to the edge, to the point where you are shaking trying to do one last rep, you feel so empowered. You realize just how strong your body actually is and how much more you can do with it. It also pumps you up for the rest of the day.
I struggle a little with cutting calories and eating healthy though. I've always had a stupid high sweet tooth (thanks dad!). So, I watch what I eat for breakfast and lunch and I feel like that usually gives me decent wiggle room for dinner. But I just need to cut out all the snacking in between. I'm thinking I'll just get some really good nuts or something so if I must snack, at least I'm snacking on shit that is good for me.
I think the biggest reason that I want to continue to work out is because I never want to see my body get to where it was before. I was pushing 375 lbs (how gross is that)! I let myself go so much that small activities were hard for me to do. I never want to see my body get that weak again. I want to not worry about breathing too loud after doing the smallest activity. I'm also really liking this guy that I'm seeing and I want to be able to give him the very best part of me. I don't want my weight to restrict us ever. I want him to be hella proud of the woman he is dating and I fully intend to make him that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

So, it's been a minute since I've blogged. I'm blogging to myself anyways soooo I guess it doesn't matter? Lmfao so updates ...