Sunday, February 17, 2019

Ireland and Why You Should Travel

So, previously I mentioned Debi. She taught me on of the most important lessons of my life thus far. She was in a wheelchair most of her life because of an accident that paralyzed her from the waist down. Debi never let that stop her from living her life to its absolute fullest though. She went on 11 (I think) cruises and would randomly travel to different states. She taught me that traveling isn't nearly as expensive as it's made out to be. Through her and watching everything that was thrown at her, I learned that it is actually our duty to live our lives as full as we possibly can.
So get out there and travel. Don't let money be too big of a stopper for you. You can make the money back but you can't get time back. Along with that, don't let waiting for someone else to be able to go stop you either, because you may end up waiting forever. 
When Matt and I broke up, I remember one night I was laying in bed, tossing and turning like normal. I thought 'I can't stay here, I have to get out of here even if it's only for a little bit.' So, that started the wheels turning. I decided that I had always wanted to go to Ireland and I was going to make it happen. I worked 10 hrs of overtime a week and I paid off my credit cards as much as I could. And 6 months later, I boarded an American Airlines plane destined for Shannon, Ireland. No one went with me. It was the first time traveling to a different country alone. 
Before I went, I had fully planned on finding some random Irish dude and hooking up with him/hanging out with him the whole week. I think it was mostly because I was scared to actually be by myself for a whole week. Once I got there and started "adventuring" on my own though, I completely changed my tune. I had run into a guy on the second night there that wouldn't take no as an answer and got a little hand-sy (guys usually back tf off though when you have to pull out the inner-bitch). That in itself was enough to deter me from trying to sleep with anyone. And you know what? I had so much fun with myself that week.
I hiked the Cliffs of Moher, from sea-level to 750 ft above. This was a five-mile trek. I got to explore a cave and I saw the third largest stalactite in the entire world! I got in an accident while I was there because I was too distracted by how pretty it was (I wish I was joking). I went on a three hour horseback ride through the Burren. It was so incredibly beautiful. All of that, and I was completely alone. I know that sounds like it was depressing but it was completely the opposite. I got to wake up and leave for the days' adventure whenever I wanted. The day after the horseback ride, I was suuuuper sore (my poor lady-bits are suffering from PTSD still). I just laid in bed all day and enjoyed the Ireland air and I had no one to worry about.
So, never let anyone or any situation keep you from going after what you want. You are your own limitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

So, it's been a minute since I've blogged. I'm blogging to myself anyways soooo I guess it doesn't matter? Lmfao so updates ...